Re: KDE

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Raul Miller wrote:

> I like this idea.  But I think a better name for the site would be:
> unsupported.debian.org

As do I, but I don't like the hostname. How about unofficial.debian.org?
Or perhaps raw.debian.org? Unsupported implies that we don't support the
files there. If they had no support from developers, they wouldn't be
packaged. Doesn't make sense to me. Unofficial implies that they aren't
official packages from the authors. Meaning the authors didn't package
them; somebody else did. Raw.. don't ask. That's how I feel after having
to show my boss KDE. On a machine with 32M. (FYI: KDE eats about, oh,
15-20M. And that's just kwm.) If the agony of the total *incompetency* in
some of the KDE 1.1 source packages wasn't enough, the intolerable
slowness was more than enough. P90, 32M, IDE, onboard Trio64V2. Not
exactly optimal KDE machine, aye? ;P

-prj