Re: freedom-subtracted.debian.org (was: Re: KDE)

Montreal Wed Mar 10 16:38:18 1999

Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu> wrote:
> Navindra Umanee <navindra@cs.mcgill.ca> writes:
>
>    > > This one is just plain silly when you think about it.
>    >
>    > So, freedom is not an important value to you?
>
>    So, logical arguments are not important to you?

This was a (poor and failed) parody of his own strawman argument.

> Debian is about software freedom.  This is non-negotiable.  If you're
> not interested in software freedom, then aren't a good fit for
> Debian's ideals.  That's just the way it is.
>
> Maybe it's time to re-read the points of the Social Contract:

I was certainly not begging for an explanation of software freedom.
Seriously, don't you guys ever tire of re-explaining these things to
me?  Not that I think I ever needed it.  :)

-N.