Re: freedom-subtracted.debian.org (was: Re: KDE)

Montreal Wed Mar 10 13:56:35 1999

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@iki.fi> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 10:36:37PM -0500, Phillip R. Jaenke wrote:
> > How about unofficial.debian.org?
>
> Please, no.
>
> I know a sysadmin here, for whom I have great respect, who says he's
> being turned off by Debian because everything we do is Official Debian
> this, Official Debian that.  If you reserve the unofficial word too, I'd
> imagine he'd be even less likely to like Debian.  (Don't get me wrong -
> he does think Debian is technically competent.)
>
> My vote is for freedom-subtracted.debian.org :-)

I think many people get turned off from Debian because of the
political games (eg, me).

This one is just plain silly when you think about it.  We already had
a non-free directory, but suddenly that's not enough and we need a new
virtual domain.

-N.