Re: Quake is GPL

On 99-12-26 Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 26, 1999 at 02:37:04PM +0100, Christian Kurz wrote:
> > > I would *personally* make sure that I was in compliance with the
> > > relevant laws. If I felt that that would take too much of my time, then
> > > I would stop mirroring.
> >
> > Just because a big group of developers isn't able to provide a solution
> > for such cases which is better then stop mirroring?

> So far your attitude has been "Take quake out of Debian entirely now or I
> will shut down my mirror because I don't have time to make sure my mirror
> is legal and I want you to do it for me."  If that's how it has to be,
> that's how it has to be.  You're better to stop mirroring.

You definitely misunderstand what I write. You assume things that I
don't write. Plese stop this or this discussion want reach far. I want
to provide every FTP-Maintainer with a mechanismen which makes it easier
for them to mirror only those packages that are legal. Nothing else.

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *