Re: XML as a standard UNIX config file format (Re: Caldera installation - something Debian should learn)

Hi,

> > It's overweight if you have each program implement it all over again, as is
> > currently done. It's not overweight as a dynamically linked library that's
> > done right.
>
> And the Parse Tree which is generated at runtime over the complete root
> element?

You don't need to build a parse tree.. I think building a parse tree is the
DOM. But you can even use a SAX interface which doesn't need to build a
tree in your memory...

But I don't think that memory is an issue in today's computer systems...
Just buy another GB of RAM ;-)))

> Yes, just like the config files are documented right now... where is the
> difference?

Every program is configured in the same way... There is only one config file
format... that's the only difference...

cu,
  gerhard