Re: XML as a standard UNIX config file format (Re: Caldera installation - something Debian should learn)

>> "BE" == Bernd Eckenfels <lists@lina.inka.de> writes:

BE> On Sat, Apr 24, 1999 at 01:37:28PM -0700, Robert Woodcock wrote:
>> There is no practical reason why every piece of UNIX configuration can't be
>> put into a hierarchial tree with its own unique namespace. [1]

BE> Oh yes, you have this idea from Microsoft, right? :)

At least I don't want to concentrate all config into one file, tree,
whatever. The files can keep their name/position, but I really want to
limit the amount of different config syntaxes.

If I could write C, I would take some packages as proof of
concept. So I'll try to find some perl programm I can do some tests
on.

Ciao,
	Martin