Re: XML as a standard UNIX config file format (Re: Caldera installation - something Debian should learn)

Hi,

> Yes but we should be carefull not to add java as a required tool to the base
> system of debian. It is already very bloated. We can use eighter perl or
> phyton with the XML Parsers, but any other tool in addition can be bloat.

I think it would be the best way to use the best XML implementation for
every application.

If an application is written in C it should get a C XML implementation
library... (I think so...)

what do you think??

cu
 gerhard