Re: Kernel 2.2.1

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu> writes:

> Alex Romosan <romosan@adonis.lbl.gov> writes:
>
> > i didn't think it was apt, either. anyway, there is a new kernel out
> > there, 2.2.2, maybe it fixes all these problems. btw, were you running
> > autofs on the machines that locked up?
>
> 	Man, I don't really know.  This mounts file systems on demand
> 	somehow?

yes, but i don't think this is the problem. apparently there was also
a memory leak in inode.c, which was fixed in 2.2.2. haven't noticed
any problems yet, but it's been only a day running 2.2.2 (and i am not
using scsi emulation).

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |