Re: Kernel 2.2.1

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu> writes:

> 	I just made sure that I upgraded everything . After upgrading
> procutils to the required version, it made the crashing worse. I
> have two machines at home that give all sorts of bad behavior
> including kernel panic , using 2.2.0 and 2.2.1 . A third machine
> running 2.2.1 just locked up twice in a row when copying a large
> file structure. I don't feel like rebooting a third time. I am
> beginning to think that these kernels are not stable.

i didn't think it was apt, either. anyway, there is a new kernel out
there, 2.2.2, maybe it fixes all these problems. btw, were you running
autofs on the machines that locked up?

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |