Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

Ben Collins wrote:
> I will not back down on something I belive in, also you are wrong in that
> quite a few ppl (more than against) have said that it seems to be a good
> idea. So for that reason alone I will not drop my belief in it.

I went back and scanned this thread. The following people agree with you:

Ben Collins
Raphael Hertzog

The following people disagree with you:

Joey Hess
Martin Schulze
Hamish Moffatt
Branden Robinson
Anthony Towns
Elie Rosenblum
Joseph Carter
Wichert Akkerman
Jim Pick

The following people are undecided or thier response was unclear:

Marcus Brinkmann
Darren Benham

If I've missed anyone or put you in the wrong group, please speak up. I did
this rather hurredly. I didn't look at the thread you originally proposed
this in. But it's clear you are in the minority of people who responded to
this thread.

> As for what you are looking for in a project leader...this is a vote...no
> one person will be the perfect candidate for everyone, I don't even intend
> to try to achieve that. I also wont bend or change my beliefs to suit your
> definiton of a project leader.

This isn't about your beliefs.

If you arn't willing to compromise and to back down when the majority is
against you, you are not suited to be project leader. I would be much
happier with a project leader who I differed with on a few areas, but who I
knew would accespt the consensus of the group and admit when he was wrong,
than I would be with a project leader with many good ideas, but who isn't
willing to listen to others.

--
see shy jo