Re: debian list summaries

> Maybe we could arrange that somebody occassionally (every week
> or so) posts to debian-devel-announce some important messages
> or collections of messages (in one) that describe current talks on
> debian-devel. For example, some collected information (quotes)
> from current discussion about project leader candidates. Or a
> tip about someone uploading packages for stable distribution.
> Or a revision of the stable distribution, etc, etc...

This sounds very good.

> That way, those maintainers (and other people too) who
> don't have time/money/will/sth to read debian-devel (and
> there sure are many of them) can at least be informed about
> what is happening. And with the disclaimer we'll surely avoid
> overwhelming that list and ensure nobody spreads FUD
> because he thinks that those few lines were all there was said
> about the subject. Well, maybe not, but still the FUDer would
> look *really* lame and wouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.

That was my initial intention.

> And yes, I volunteer.

Great!

In some newsgroups it is common, that everybody who starts a thread
provides a summary after some time (including public and appropriate
private responses). We could apply this habit in our list. Everybody
starting a thread with more than let's say five (or is ten better)
the workload among many writers/readers. People who have time to start
a thread must have the time to summarize it! Can the mail handler
automatically remind the person with the duty to write a summary?

Oh yes, I would do the first summary with this thread.

--
Rainer Dorsch
Abt. Rechnerarchitektur  e-mail:rainer.dorsch@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de