Re: Are DFSG free package in non-us part of Debian?

Hi,
>>"Ben" == Ben Collins <bmc@visi.net> writes:

 Ben> Like I said before, what happens when the time comes that this affects
 Ben> other countries (maybe yours) and we say "Screw You, your country is dumb,
 Ben> so you don't get to reap the benifits of debian."

	Instead of throwing ones hands up in dark despair I vote we
 start talking about technical and practical means of getting around
 this problem. The status quo is getting to be unacceptable. Why
 should the people in the free world suffer due to the draconian laws
 of our government?

 Ben> The restricted packages being in main would also mean the Debian
 Ben> could _not_ be distributed to certain countries that strictly
 Ben> forbid crypto at all. So the fact the they are split from the
 Ben> main distribution is for the benifit of more than just the damn
 Ben> US, so stop useless trashing of countries since none of us here
 Ben> (persumably) are in any situation to _directly_ change
 Ben> this. Hopefully some day down the road it will be, but for now,
 Ben> be realistic.

	Oh, stop turning the other darned cheek before you have seen of
 there is indeed a solution. By following your logic to its
 conclusion, we shall have to start throwing packages out of main for
 every country with silly laws until we have the least common
 denominator. That is a silly slippery slope down which we should not
 go.

	manoj
--
 "Inquiry is fatal to certainty." Will Durant