Re: Are DFSG free package in non-us part of Debian?

In article <[🔎] 19981115205719.B21919@rolle.cc.jyu.fi>, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@iki.fi> writes:
> On Sun, Nov 15, 1998 at 10:29:31PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
>> A fairly controversial part of the developer's reference, I would
>> say.

> Then I would say that Developer's Reference should not have a
> position on this matter.  Although DDR is not part of canonical
> policy, it is one of the documents we newcomers read as
> semi-canonical info.

Well, yes; consider the developer's reference as a documented set of
*practices*.  I try to make sure that all of my information is
corraborated by the relevant operational authority, i.e., Guy Maor for
Debian archive issues, James Troup and the new maintainer team for new
maintainer issues, etc.

>> I welcome copies directly to me and advertise as such in my
>> .signature.

> Ok.  CC'd.  Cc'd to DDR maintainer, too.  Summary for aph: Section
> 3.1 of the Developer's Reference says in effect "no cc's of list
> postings, please", but this is controversial and as such may not be
> a good recommendation for DDR to make.

Hmm, well if you really feel strongly, I can take it out.  Please file
a bug to that effect.

I personally don't like being CC'd.  I don't use procmail so filtering
out duplicates isn't trivial for me.  Most don't like CC's.