Re: Are DFSG free package in non-us part of Debian?

Please read the Developer's Referecnce.

"When replying to messages on the mailing list, please do not send a
carbon copy (CC--this does not mean `courtesy copy') to the original
poster unless they explicitly request that this be done. Anyone who
posts to a mailing list should read it to see the responses."

On Sun, Nov 15, 1998 at 02:41:12AM +0100, Davide G. M. Salvetti wrote:
> I think we need not to guarantee it.  We could simply ask the user
> if it has non-US available and act accordingly in the dependencies
> resolution part of our installation software.

No.  The Debian system should be fully installable from any reasonable
complete source,.  If non-US is regularly unavailable, this breaks.

> I agree that this is a bit academic now, but I think it's not a
> secondary issue.

I did not say it's secondary.  I just said it's not readily
implementable.

	Antti-Juhani
--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho A7 <gaia@iki.fi> ** <URL:http://www.iki.fi/gaia/> **