Re: Are DFSG free package in non-us part of Debian?

On Sun, Nov 15, 1998 at 01:47:28AM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> The compiler is a bad example, since a distribution without a C compiler
> can't exist.

Well, the Debian distribution relies heavily on non-free (not just
otherwise DFSG-free non-US) crypto software.  Debian has managed.
Similarly, if there weren't a C compiler suitable for main, Debian
would manage: both pgp/gpg and CC are developer tools, not user tools,
and the distribution will survive without them being in main.

IMHO the question is academic just now: how would one guarantee that
non-US is available every time main is?  When that is solved, we can
come back and rehash the question about dependencies to non-US.

	Antti-Juhani
	still arranging the magical phone call
	btw James, I'm getting a real phone RSN
--