Re: Are DFSG free package in non-us part of Debian?

***** AK => Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho

>> I think we need not to guarantee it.  We could simply ask the user
>> if it has non-US available and act accordingly in the dependencies
>> resolution part of our installation software.

AK> No.  The Debian system should be fully installable from any
AK> reasonable complete source,.  If non-US is regularly unavailable,
AK> this breaks.

I fail to see why.  Just don't make non-US depending packages
standard.  You know, we have a dependencies resolutions process, how
is it not possible to extend it to cope with a missing non-US?

I think that asking the user if she has a non-US CD or not it's
perfectly admissible.

Thanks,

--
Davide G. M. Salvetti - IW5DZC [JN53fr] - <http://salve.home.ml.org/>