Re: Debian logo

On Sat, Oct 10, 1998 at 02:43:05AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> I would prefer a new logo, too. We shouldn't draw it.
> We should run a gimp contest. They produced the Gnome logo, and there are
> artists as well as designer. They'll come up with a good, inspiring logo,
> I'm sure. We should vote the winner.

Ideally, we need a version of the logo that can be reproduced in one
or two colors.  That way it can go directly on a CD or be printed
inexpensively.  Full-color printing can be rather expensive.

> Someone should write a proposal to be voted on when the constition is in
> place. Maybe I'll do it. Please contact me if you want to work with me on
> the exact wording.
>
> > How did we arrive at the current logo?  My memory stinks.
>
> Bruce made the decision after unfruitful efforts on the logo pages.

Ah.  :-)

Regards,

Jeff

--
It's time to close windows and open source.
Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds.