Re: X window logo

Michael Meskes wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 09, 1998 at 11:16:27AM -0700, Kenneth Scharf wrote:
> > Whenever you start a program running under X11, the windows created
> > usually have the little 'X' logo in the upper left hand corner.  If
> > you are running RedHat linux however, the upper left hand corner of
> > the windows contains the RedHat logo (head with a red hat).  Why
> > can't it (under Debian) have the blue eyed penguin logo?

> Great idea IMO. Can we get that into slink?

Last time I checked, the license for the logo didn't allow its use in a
package (which I complained about, so maybe that's not true any more).
I tried to do this myself, and found that the logo was unrecognizable
when shrunk down that small.  The lines are too thin, and critical
detail gets lost.  RH's logo is actually a lot cleaner and more elegant
(IMO) than Debian's.  I'd vote for a new logo if I thought anyone would
listen to me.
or   cwaters@systems.DHL.COM | above, but it is too long to fit into