Re: X window logo

On Fri, Oct 09, 1998 at 01:57:20PM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:
> Last time I checked, the license for the logo didn't allow its use in a
> package (which I complained about, so maybe that's not true any more).
> I tried to do this myself, and found that the logo was unrecognizable
> when shrunk down that small.  The lines are too thin, and critical
> detail gets lost.  RH's logo is actually a lot cleaner and more elegant
> (IMO) than Debian's.  I'd vote for a new logo if I thought anyone would
> listen to me.

I'd prefer a new logo as well (with no offense intended toward the kind
person who created the current one!)

But I can't draw, so I guess I should shut up.  :-)

How did we arrive at the current logo?  My memory stinks.

Regards,

Jeff

--
It's time to close windows and open source.
Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds.