Re: Another possible slink goal (multipackages users profile)

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I am not sure I like this. I want, as a sys admin,  to be able
>  control what gets on to my system. I want to check what packages are
>  adding, and I want to have a say in what gets allowed.
>
> 	As a users, I may want to over ride setting for the system as
>  well.
>
> 	With possibility of such configuration, I think any package
>  foisting stuff into my environment is broken. (And don't say I can
>  just remove things -- I should hot have to hack the system by
>  default).
>
> 	This is quite similar to the arbitary programs in ip-up/down
>  dir -- unless the sysadming/user goves permission, this should not be
>  done. Such deviation from UNIX norm should always be *optional*, and
>  preferably on a package by package basis.

The default setup of Debian won't change to the setup we have now.
It just uses a clean and well-desigend way to achive this and it
offers the administrator means of adding local stuff in a consistant
way.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Never trust an operating system you don't have source for!