Re: Another possible slink goal (multipackages users profile)

Previously Martin Schulze wrote:
> Therefore I believe that we should elaborate a mechanism that can be
> used for all shells. This could be /etc/profile.d/ containing scripts
> or fragments. It could alternatively contain some data that will be
> evaluated and changed into code that can be read by the used shell.

Don't include scripts then, but something really simple that can be
translated into legal script. Also add update-profile so not all
fragments in /etc/profile.d/ doesn't need to be parsed when you open
a shell, but only once.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@wi.LeidenUniv.nl