Re: RH and GNOME

Paolo Molaro <lupus@lettere.unipd.it> wrote:
> That is not raster. I once asked him to change some #defines in gdkimlib
> to an enum to make it easier to do the perl bindings, something like
> He refused saying it would break binary compatibility! No chance to
> convince him...
> Neverless he broke binary compatibility the week later without
> changing the lib version (and without applying the changes I provided)...

Binary compatibility on a system where the interfaces are in the
process of being defined is complete red herring.  It's a great
way of wasting time, but it's not a good way of getting anything
useful done.

Currently, E is pre-alpha.  It's snapshots of scratchpad doodles.

Asking it to be treated as a released piece of software is rather
silly.  [Also, imlib is so small, I'm tempted to suggest that
E be statically linked.]

--
Raul