RH and GNOME

Well it is now official -- Redhat fully owns GNOME.  They just brought
on Miguel and Federico (two of the top GNOMErs).  Last week they started
Owen Taylor (one of the head gtk+ people).  So now the whole Linux world
is stuck following RH's lead.  I am already fighting Raster on E.  He
refuses to accept any changes to the Makefile or config scripts to allow
installation in anything but /usr/local/enlightenment.  Imlib and Fnlib
both have libtool problems, both Jim Pick and I have told him, even sent
suggestions -- to no avail.  It works for him, so screw all of us.

Sorry if this sounds like more whining, conspiracy theories or
whatever.  Thought I would just express my experiences.  After what I
saw at Linux Expo, I felt I needed to let you all know how the GNOME
world stands.  Damn shame that KDE went non-free.  I hate to be beholden
on another dist.