Re: VI reasons (was Re: Base Set: Suggested additions & removals.)

On Fri, Jun 12, 1998 at 09:53:16PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> Problem is, you'll never be able to convince a DOS user of a text editor
> with different modes. Sorry, I don't think a dumb newbie should be able to
> install a workstation, but he should be able to install the base system and
> play with Gnome apps.

And he shouldn't have to choose "Shell..." option from menu. So he doesn't
need an editor, and that means it could be vi, or even ed if there is not
enough space. ash itself is to complicated, also mount, fdisk, etc. What is
the real reason to put ae on rescue fd? It doesn't really help anybody.

--
Tomislav Vujec                         Tomislav.Vujec@CARNet.hr