Re: VI reasons (was Re: Base Set: Suggested additions & removals.)

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

> Like I said, overall, I think this issue is being discussed on a comfort
> level right now.  I think we should really be hashing out whether or not
> we want to cater to newbies (ae) or to experienced systems admins (vi).
> I'm for the latter, but that's only my opinion....
>
> Also, why not just offer two different disks if possible?

If vi would fit on the rescue disk, do you think we would be discussing
ae?

To be able to do an install with the rescue disk the space priorities
don't allow anything but ae in that environment. When you can get vi's
binary size down to the footprint of ae, I will be glad to replace it.
Until then all talk of superior usability are nothing but talk. It will
not fit.

Luck,

Dwarf