Re: VI reasons (was Re: Base Set: Suggested additions & removals.)

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> "DEBIAN: Sorry, you need a ph.d. in computer science, 10-year-experience
> in unix system administration or a good handbook on the obscure "vi" program
> before you can edit a file during installation process.
> Don't even think of installing it."

Er.. a command summary for vi, with enough detail to make it
as easy to use as ae, can be made to fit on one screen.

No matter what the editor is, I think that the rescue disk
needs to announce its existence and provide a short description
(just before dropping into the shell prompt).

--
Raul