Re: VI reasons (was Re: Base Set: Suggested additions & removals.)

On Wed, Jun 10, 1998 at 03:38:59PM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> If vi would fit on the rescue disk, do you think we would be discussing
> ae?
>
> To be able to do an install with the rescue disk the space priorities
> don't allow anything but ae in that environment. When you can get vi's
> binary size down to the footprint of ae, I will be glad to replace it.
> Until then all talk of superior usability are nothing but talk. It will
> not fit.

Dale, I hope you only spoke about the link from vi to ae, but I read it that
you would not object against using vi alone on the rescue disk.

Oh, cool.

"DEBIAN: Sorry, you need a ph.d. in computer science, 10-year-experience
in unix system administration or a good handbook on the obscure "vi" program
before you can edit a file during installation process.
Don't even think of installing it."

Nice.

Marcus