Re: Intent to package: webalizer

At 13:39 -0700 1998-06-10, Remco van de Meent wrote:
>Hey,
>
>I'm currently applying for being a Debian maintainer (using the Debian
>Developer's Reference).
>
>I created a package of the Webalizer software:
>
>Package: webalizer
> The Webalizer is a web server log analysis program. It is designed to scan
> web server log files in various formats and produce usage statistics in
> HTML format for viewing through a browser.
> The Webalizer produces yearly, monthly, daily and hourly statistics. In the
> monthly reports, various statistics may be produced to show overall usage,
> usage by day and hour, usage by visiting sites, URL's, user agents
> (browsers), referrers and country. The Webalizer is highly configurable by
> use of either command line options or a configuration file, allowing the
> program to be tailored to individual needs easily.
>

>The homepage of this thingie is located at http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/.
>This utility uses the GD-library, so I think the webalizer-package should go
>into non-free.

gd 1.3 is now DFSG free, and works around the patent issues too. I have
uploaded a non-maintainer release of gd to main, thus, webalizer can go in
main.

BTW, its dependence on a non-free package would have put it in contrib, not
non-free.

>If noone else is working on this one, and they're no objections, I'd like to
>"officialy" package webalizer. If you need more information, please let me
>know.

I had planned to package it, but since you have already done so, you can
have it.

Can you make the package available somewhere?
--
Joel "Espy" Klecker
Debian GNU/Linux Developer