Re: Intention to re-write /usr/sbin/install-info

Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu> wrote:
> Wait a minute, from what I understood, every non-debian package installing
> GNU info docs was already failing.  I'm trying to fix something that is
> broken, not break something that is working.

Then make fix the alien interface so it uses the gnu interface.

Also, deal with the interface problem so both interfaces can be
cleanly used on the same system (without having to hack $PATH).
It's possible to do this by providing a dinstall-info and a
ginstall-info, but I'd be happier with a --debian and a --gnu
option.

Once this is done, maybe submit a patch for automake that
tries to use the --gnu option before trying without that option.

--
Raul