Re: No executables or libraries in the package!

On Tue, Sep 09, 1997 at 12:35:36PM +0100, Enrique Zanardi wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Mark W. Blunier wrote:
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/debian/local/source/mlddc-3.1.8'
> > install -m 755 mlddc /usr/bin
>                        ^^^^^^^^
> There's your binary. It looks like the Makefile doesn't use DESTDIR,
> so you have two solutions:
>
> - Modify the Makefile to use DESTDIR. (not recommended. It's better to
> leave the original sources as "pristine" as possible)

I find this a bit confusing though. I understand the sentiment,
but the changes still go into a patch to the source, rather than
the original sources uploaded. The end user using the source
is free (and encouraged to?) examine the patch. It contains
the debian directory too.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust              hamish@debian.org, hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.