Re: Bug Reporting system

Goswin Brederlow writes:

> > I believe the normal way is that the particular maintainer receives
> > the bugreport and thinks over it.  If it is architecture specific
> > he looks for a particular person who works on tht architecture.  If
> > not the bug should be forwarded to a more specific list.
> >
> > At least this is true for me and my packages.  I don't see a problem
> > in this procedure.  It's very logical to me.  Nevertheless it might
> > be a good idea to document this in the policy if it is not in already.
> > (but I can't provide that)
>
> The thing is that the bug will also be postet to debian-devel, where it
> doesn't belong if it is architecture specific. It should be send to
> debian-arch instead. For this some sort of architecture field is
> neccessary. One could have it implemented by adding -arch to the
> packagename, but thats probaly just as tidious as having an seperate
> arch field.

Now I got the point.

But I believe this can be managed by Adding a Debian-PR-CC header
(or similar, study the bugsystem's documentation please)

NB since when are bugs postet do debian-devel?  There is debian-bugs-dist
where all bugs are posted (ok, it's munched into debian-bugs here
locally but...)

Regards

	Joey

 /                              No question is too silly to ask, /
/    but, of course, some are too silly to answer  -- perl book /