Re: Bug Reporting system

Martin Schulze wrote:

> I believe the normal way is that the particular maintainer receives
> the bugreport and thinks over it.  If it is architecture specific
> he looks for a particular person who works on tht architecture.  If
> not the bug should be forwarded to a more specific list.
>
> At least this is true for me and my packages.  I don't see a problem
> in this procedure.  It's very logical to me.  Nevertheless it might
> be a good idea to document this in the policy if it is not in already.
> (but I can't provide that)

The thing is that the bug will also be postet to debian-devel, where it
doesn't belong if it is architecture specific. It should be send to
debian-arch instead. For this some sort of architecture field is
neccessary. One could have it implemented by adding -arch to the
packagename, but thats probaly just as tidious as having an seperate
arch field.

> > Maybe we could make a list of people supporting packages on
> > different architectures. So newbies can look up whom to mail if
> > they have problems
>
> I believe it makes much more sense if the people who work on the
> same packages but on different architectures would know each other
> and talk about the problems.  Again this sounds very logical to me.

Anybody else against or for it?

> Regards
>         Joey

May the source be with you.