Re: Bug Reporting system

Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> My proposal is to add an architecture field to the maintainer and
> having one maintainer for each architecture.

This is completely unworkable; there are simply not enough non-i386
architecture maintainers.  ~6 (probably less) m68k maintainers would
have to sign up for 1000+ packages?  As if.  The situation on sparc
and alpha (judging by the mailing lists and the upload announcements)
would be even worse.

(Goswin: I already explained this on debian.68k.)

Oh, yeah and it would also break completely if/when auto-compilation
gets under way.

--
James