Re: Upcoming Debian Releases

Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org> writes:

> I've been asking for the division of non-free and contrib into
> unstable/stable subsections for two months. What's the status of
> this ?

It's bit more work than a wave of my magic wand.  I posted several
times if anybody had any suggestions, but was ignored:

How would the .changes file indicate that a package would go in the
stable or unstable section on non-free?  How to organize the ftp
hierarchy in a manner that is backwards compatible, does not involve
moving files around, and still relatively simple?  I've been loathe to
do this because of the added complexity.