Re: Once again: Trigger rally for next release

On Tue, 2019-01-29 at 18:15 +0100, Bruno Kleinert wrote:
> this reads like a pointer to the part how the ZIP archive + checksum
> are to be generated:

I did read the "Packaging for Linux" part of the BUILDING.txt file.
Unfortunately I don't understand what to do with it. I suspect it is
necessary to at least know roughly how packaging works.

> I wouldn't mind the game's data being shipped uncompressed.

I was referring to the conversion of PNG files to JPG files. I know in
principle how to do it with Imagemagic but I never tried to do it over
a whole folder tree containing all kinds of files allowing different
image dimensions.

> I can clarify: My maps were GPL-2 or newer.

Thanks, Bruno. I have just updated the DATA_AUTHORS.txt in the 0.6.6
development stage. Do you know anything about David Pagniers unlicensed
maps "crossmountain" and "tea" too? I suspect he has moved elsewhere.

I will try to reach Ivan about "mountainclimbing" and "volcanic". He
might be still available for feedback on the licensing. I guess he
would be fine with GPL also since his other contributions are licensed
this way.

Best,
Onsemeliot