Re: Once again: Trigger rally for next release

Am Dienstag, den 29.01.2019, 18:15 +0100 schrieb Bruno Kleinert:
> Am Dienstag, den 29.01.2019, 17:51 +0100 schrieb Onsemeliot:
> > On Tue, 2019-01-29 at 17:05 +0100, Bruno Kleinert wrote:
> > > I looked at https://sourceforge.net/projects/trigger-rally/files/
> > > and
> > > the most recent release seems to be 0.6.5 there. Is the new
> > > version
> > > released somewhere else?
> >
> > No, sorry, it isn't out yet. I wanted to check out the packaging
> > before
> > the last minute. Therefore, I wrote on the Debian games list as
> > early
> > as possible. The release isn't quite ready yet since we need to
> > compress the image files before release and I still have to find
> > some
> > documentation how exactly my colleague (who isn't available any
> > more)
> > did this last time.
> >
> > Everything else should be in place already. I just never did a
> > release
> > of any project yet. So, please be patient with me stumbling along
> > ...!
> >
> > I hopefully manage to do the release this week.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Onsemeliot
>
> Hi Onsemeliot,
>
> this reads like a pointer to the part how the ZIP archive + checksum
> are to be generated:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/trigger-rally/code/HEAD/tree/doc/BUILDING.txt#l91
>
> On the other hand, I wouldn't mind the game's data being shipped
> uncompressed.
>
> I just came across some lines in
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/trigger-rally/code/HEAD/tree/doc/DATA_AUTHORS.txt
>
> which state "unlicensed" for some files. Please clarify.
>
> For
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/trigger-rally/code/HEAD/tree/doc/DATA_AUTHORS.txt#l102
>
> I can clarify: My maps were GPL-2 or newer. I guess Stefan
> Potyra/sistpoty included them upstream quite some time ago, which I
> didn't even remember anymore!
>
> Cheers - Bruno

Obviously I don't understand that the content of the released data.zip
doesn't contain everything from data/, because some content is missing
in data.zip. E.g., the plugins/ directory, so just forget about my
licencing information for the banana and desert rush maps - They're
residing in trunk, but not in data.zip :)

Regarding the dist target I was wrong. It seems to create the final
archive per platform, but compression of images or so seems to happen
somewhere else.

Cheers - Bruno