Request to join the Debian Games team

Hi,

I am a Debian Developer and Ubuntu Core Developer mostly interested in
GNOME packaging.

I would like to join the Debian Games team because gnome-games-app
depends on libretro cores that are maintained by the team. The
libretro core packaging needs some additions to work well with
gnome-games-app.

The packages need two small metadata files: one is a .libertro file
only read by gnome-games-app and the other is AppStream addon
metadata. The AppStream metadata allows the package to show up as an
addon on the pages for GNOME Games and RetroArch in the GNOME Software
app. The only working example so far in Debian for that is
libretro-nestopia. I imagine that KDE's Discover app works similarly
to GNOME Software but I haven't tried it.

Also, these libretro packages need to be imported in to Git so I plan
to do that too.

A full list of affected packages can be found at
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-games/issues/79

Please CC me on emails since I'm not currently subscribed to this list.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha