Re: Concern about racism and sexism in Supertuxkart 0.9

On 05/05/2015 06:42 AM, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:

Even by strict judgement this case is mildest and may be considered merely as
poor choice of image which is not the best match for other game artwork.

Dmitry, I finally got STK 9 to run at all. They had to patch it for those of us running nVidia drivers without xrandr. So, as soon as I cranked it up, I had to swear that I was 13 or older to access it's web features. I guess that is so they can monetize development in the future. Once I agreed, then the game proceeded. There you have it, you cannot login without agreement to it's terms of service, and replying to a confirmation email. Otherwise, I assume you are restricted to a few race-tracks that I have already played and there are no bikini's in sight, that I could find.

So, from what I can see, this entire brouhaha has been about nothing, and all we managed to do was to jerk around some good folks who chose to use Open Source in their development scheme and gave us gracious permission to re-package it for consumption of Debian Users, who are perfectly capable of making their own moral choices. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html