Re: Moving some packages to the attic

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Bruno Kleinert <fuddl@tauware.de> wrote:

> Point for you, Fuddl: 0, pabs: 1 ;)

Heh!

> Ok, but you revived upstream ;)

> Personally, I once tried to integrate a dead project into Debian, but I stopped
> because of moving on APIs and stuff. So personally I won't do it again,
> others may do it of course.

Convincing them is the hard part, perhaps the "upstream upstream
upstream" motto can help here. I think we as people who have agreed to
uphold the Debian social contract have a responsibility to at least
try to improve the free software world at large, which also includes
reviving and keeping upstreams alive.

> Oh btw. I had a look at spacehero - DON'T REMOVE IT FROM THE ARCHIVE
> THAT GAME IS FUCKING GREAT FUN!!! :) I'll take care of spacehero!

Hehe :)

--
bye,
pabs