Re: Moving some packages to the attic

Am Samstag, den 07.08.2010, 16:22 +0900 schrieb Ansgar Burchardt:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to move some packages that are inactive and not in the
> archive to the attic.  They are currently all in the "Ready for upload"
> section of the PET and make it a bit of a mess (together with all the
> other things there).  As nobody seems to work on them, I don't think it
> is worth setting the distribution to UNRELEASED and keep them visible.
>
> Affected packages in Git:
>
> bsdgames (not maintained by us, Git outdated)
If it's not our package, why did it end up in pkg-games? I'd suggest
removal.

> clanlib2
Not sure about that. Maybe we could need it in the future for a game?

> freeciv-tileset-hires (no work on this since 2005)
> ogreal
> slviewer
> slviewer-artwork
> slacehero
> xmris
Before removal we should see if these packages aren't worth to be
maintained by us and see if upstream is still active. If something is
dead upstream I'd suggest removal.

I had look at the spacehero git repository and the project seems to be
still active.

> Affected packages in SVN:
>
> openal-si (obsolete now that openal-soft is in the archive?)
I think we can remove that.