Re: Moving some packages to the attic

Am Samstag, den 07.08.2010, 11:02 -0400 schrieb Paul Wise:
> On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Bruno Kleinert <fuddl@tauware.de> wrote:
>
> > As far as
> > http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=toddy@debian.org&comaint=yes
> > says he doesn't seem to maintain any other games stuff. So I'm not sure
> > if it makes sense to invite him if he's only interested in bsdgames. But
> > I won't stop anybody from doing so.
>
> The point is that we need to grow the pkg-games team, getting an extra
> person in exchange for a single package is probably a worthwile
> tradeoff.
Point for you, Fuddl: 0, pabs: 1 ;)

> > I had a glance at the Clanlib web page, but they don't seem to maintain
> > a list with games using their library :(
>
> Perhaps Mark Page will rectify that :)
>
> > I think we should only dare to overtake dead projects that seam
> > finished, well polished and have good code quality, in the sense of
> > portability and only APIs that are known to be stable. Otherwise I would
> > stronlgy suggest not so waste time and concentrate on other stuff.
>
> chromium-bsu is hardly finished, polished or has great code quality,
> personally I think it is still worth having in Debian and if I had
> left the upstream project to rot instead of removing the non-free
> stuff and reviving upstream it would be very sad. Same goes for
> protozoa, alex4 and packages I maintain outside of the games team.
Ok, but you revived upstream ;) Personally, I once tried to integrate a
dead project into Debian, but I stopped because of moving on APIs and
stuff. So personally I won't do it again, others may do it of course.

Oh btw. I had a look at spacehero - DON'T REMOVE IT FROM THE ARCHIVE
THAT GAME IS FUCKING GREAT FUN!!! :) I'll take care of spacehero!