Re: packaging sfxr

2008/11/18 Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@hhs.nl>:

> Note though that if we go with svn we could use sourceforge or whatever
> existing FOSS project hosting site and spare us the trouble of setting one
> up ourselves. If we really want git we could use fedorahosted.org, but that
> is not very distro neutral, and requires creating accounts in the Fedora
> account system.

SVN would lower the learning curve for some people. On the other side,
I think that git would allow us to handle it much better, as it
handles branches much better. With SVN it would be much harder to try
to keep a separate branch with upstream. Also, I think it would be
much better to use a distributed versioning system because it allows
us to work offline.

I'm not very proficient in git myself yet, so I'll have to keep
learning too. I'm also open to SVN if it's decided. If we ask other
distros they might also wan to voice their opinion, we might try to
contact them. I'll try to find some time for that.

Greetings,
Miry