Re: packaging sfxr

Miriam Ruiz wrote:
2008/11/18 Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@hhs.nl>:

They are not, but both require effort, and if we do 2 properly there is
little reason left to do 1, what reason is left is IMHO not worth the
required effort.

I guess you're right. My proposal:

1) Mailing list for communication
2) Repository (probably git would be the best for this) to handle the
code for which we're becoming upstream (keeping in one branch the
original code from upstream for reference, so that at any moment we
can extract the patches from there if needed)
3) Another mailing list for the commit messages
4) Web space from which everyone can download our released tarballs

+1

Note though that if we go with svn we could use sourceforge or whatever existing FOSS project hosting site and spare us the trouble of setting one up ourselves. If we really want git we could use fedorahosted.org, but that is not very distro neutral, and requires creating accounts in the Fedora account system.

Regards,

Hans