Re: packaging sfxr

Richard Hartmann wrote:
On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 00:36, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@hhs.nl> wrote:

I believe 2 is the best to do, because then we don't need buy in from other
distro's. They will sooner or later notice, or be noticed by their users
that a new upstream release is out, that way we can share our work without
having to actively push it. And who knows, people from all places including
dyi builds of the games might go sending in patches.

1 and 2 were not exclusive. In fact, I explicitly view them as inclusive. A
repo with patches that were (not yet) accepted by upstream for whatever
reasons and a repo that has a new upstream are no different from the users
POV. As all distro-specific stuff would be kept in other branches and/or
directories, there is no functional difference for any potential third-party
packagers/devs, either

They are not, but both require effort, and if we do 2 properly there is little reason left to do 1, what reason is left is IMHO not worth the required effort.

Regards,

Hans