Re: packaging sfxr

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 22:40, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com> wrote:

> When I noticed the talk about sfxr here on the list I immediately hot off my
> ass and started packaging it for Fedora.

You re-reminded me of the fact that we used to speculate about a larger
game group. Is there any objection against /me trying to get such a list
set up & started? I assume it will grow quite quickly, simply due to word
of mouth.

The even more radical idea which just crossed my mind:

How about maintaining the Fedora (and other distributions) packages
in the Debian repo? No idea about the build process for rpm files, but
if you can pull off something like this it would be an awesome time-safer
for a lot of people.
Specific patches could be kept in distro-specific branches on top of the
generic 'downstream' branch.
Write access could be sorted on a per-branch basis.

What do you guys say? Am I making sense or would you prefer for me
to simply shut up about this heresy? Personally, I think this would
reduce effort for a lot of people.

Richard