Re: Migration of all ioquake3 based games to a shared ioquake3 engine.

Il giorno Mon, 30 Jun 2008 22:54:51 +1000
Jack Coulter <jscinoz@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Urban Terror works fine, but upstream developer is unhappy about this.
> I've tested and can connect to pure server's just fine, and auto
> downloading maps still works (upstream said iourbanterror had a
> different way of map downloading). Upstream says that an ioQuake3
> urbanterror server won't let idq3 clients join unless the server has
> baseq3's pak0. This doesn't seem like too much of a concern, as most
> very few people still use idq3, and I believe (could be wrong, I'm
> tired and unsure) that idq3 is windows only anyways.

	Hi,

just pointing out some little detail:
idq3 exists also for Linux, as a point release available from ID's ftp
[1]. Some people still use it because they play mods that require idq3
to run okay. Openarena's wiki has pointers to various mods [2].

I play some q3a mods with openarena (mainly CPMA [3]) and experience
some glithes, like missing textures and the like, but the overall
situation is quickly improving with newer openarena releases so I think
this won't be an issue anymore sometime soon.

Hope this helps in some way, have a nice day!
Nicola.

PS: this is my first post and I'd like to thank everybody here for
the great work - also please let me know if I'm doing something wrong
-
[1]
ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/quake3/linux/linuxq3apoint-1.32b-3.x86.run
[2] http://openarena.wikia.com/wiki/ModCompat
[3] http://promode.org/
--
    ...all is relative, so don't think you're on the right side...

         :: send all your mail in plain ASCII text, please ::
               Linux counter registered user n° 356433
http://www.no1984.org/                       http://www.againsttcpa.com/