Re: Package overview page

Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@2008.43-1.org> (29/06/2008):
> If we want to use it, we should also adopt marking packages as
> unreleased in the changelog (which is helpful anyway)

(I'm not entirely convinced. Rationale is: when comes the time for an
upload, one has to switch it back, possibly using dch, also updating the
timestamp, and when the package needs some more iterations, say: it's
being sponsored and the sponsoree doesn't have the time to apply the
needed modifications right now, s/he has to either revert the suite name
change (yeah! more noise!), or leave the $VCS tree in an inconsistent
state: no longer unreleased, but still not uploaded. That could be left
as an exercise to the uploader, but an uploader usually works on a .dsc,
not on an svn checkout.)

> and *not* add an empty changelog entry after upload (--svn-noautodch).

which FWIW I consider really noisy and (as it's called) quite dummy.
Anyway, please note that there's no need to add such an option, it's
sufficient not to commit that stupid changelog entry.

Mraw,
KiBi.