Re: Migration of all ioquake3 based games to a shared ioquake3 engine.

Am Montag, den 30.06.2008, 20:21 +1000 schrieb Jack Coulter:
> I will update OpenArena myself if no one else has any objections to this
> migration.
nope, just go on! but be aware, that currently the upload of version
0.7.7-1 is pending, so you will probably need to begin with revision -2
in the changelog, even if -1 is currently still tagged as UNRELEASED.
just contact me, if you're confused ;)

> By having all the ioquake3 games share a single engine, this allows for
> better security (only having one version of ioquake3 in the archive,
> rather than 3 or 4 different versions) and easier maintenance of these
> games with new upstream releases (only the -data package will have to be
> updated), and finally it allows new features in ioQuake3 to be quickly
ACK! i hope the changes made to the engine by each game project still
allow us to keep a single engine binary in debian! i looked through
openarena's diff against the vanilla sources and they don't seem to be
very exhaustive, so i expect this trick should be managable with
openarena.

cheers and good luck - fuddl