[UPLOADED] xlife

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 05:59:36PM -0400, Barry deFreese wrote:
> Bas Wijnen wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> I'm not quite sure what "compatible" license it is..
>>
>> Compatible?  With what?  That's a word usually used with GPL licensed
>> stuff.  There isn't anything GPL in there, right?
>>
> Well I guess I was looking at stuff like "BSD-like" and such.  I've just
> put it as "other" for now with the text of the license.

Ah.  AFAIK you can only use the common-licenses links if the texts are
word-for-word identical.  With the GPL, this is normal, because it is
under copyright, so people are not allowed to make minor changes and
still call it GNU GPL (copyright might actually protect more than the
name, I'm not sure in this case).

However, with BSD licenses it isn't so simple.  Appearantly many people
have used the same license, which means the common-licenses file makes
sense.  But with any variation, the license must be copied into the
package's copyright file.  In this case, I'm pretty sure at least "CMU
SUCKS" wasn't in the original license. ;-)

> OK, another version of xlife is up on mentors for your kind review..

I've uploaded it.  The copyright file isn't in machine-parsable format,
because the long sections are not indented (so a parser would not
consider them part of the field).  But since that wasn't a requirement
anyway, I ignored that. :-)

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html