Policy proposal and Re: Checklist for packaging games

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 05:48:39PM +0200, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> I thought it would be nice to have a checklist so that when packaging
> a game we can have some kind of indicator on its status, and also so
> we don't forget things. What do you think about this idea? Please feel
> free to improve it!
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Checklist

Good idea.  I made some minor changes, which I think are uncontested.
But I'll mention them anyway so people can complain if I'm wrong:

- I advised to build all data from source.  I noted that all sources
  must be in the package, even if not used for building.
- I removed "binaries can go to /usr/bin", and things about /usr/lib.  I
  proposed before to use /usr/games and
  /usr/{share,lib}/games/<packagename>/ (which are optional according to
  the FHS) in Debian.  I'm still proposing.  If you all agree, I think
  we should make it a formal policy proposal.  It would be best if the
  team would do the proposal, I think.  If I don't hear complaints soon,
  I'll write a formulation for it.  Feel free to be faster. :-)

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html